- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid or minimize contact with sick people (a minimum three feet distancing is recommended).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues when you cough and sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow.
- Stay away from others as much as possible when you are sick.
For more information on Human Swine Flu (H1N1), visit the CDC information page on swine flu (H1N1) or call 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636).