American Red Cross volunteers will be working throughout this holiday weekend to provide meals and comfort to people affected by Sandy. This includes:
- Delivering about 20,000 boxes of food in New York during Thanksgiving week.
- The boxes contain enough non-perishable food to feed a family of four for several days; items such as canned sweet potatoes, green beans and corn, and packages of mashed potatoes and rice.
- Red Cross workers and volunteers from Feeding America and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints packed the boxes.
- Providing about 35,000 hot meals on Thanksgiving Day to people across New York and New Jersey.
– Supporting faith-based and community Thanksgiving meal programs in many neighborhoods in New York and New Jersey.