Across all affected states (Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Virginia/DC and West Virginia):
- 3,375,649 meals and snacks served
- 124,594 relief items distributed
- 29,670 health and mental health contacts
- 5,784 disaster workers assigned to operations
- The Red Cross is getting ready for a large outreach operation this weekend to provide disaster relief items to families across Long Island, Staten Island, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Rockaways and Hoboken.
- In advance of the cold temperatures, we handed out thousands of ready-to-eat meals and cold weather items for people in New York and New Jersey like blankets, hand and foot warmers, hats and gloves, ponchos and socks.