The American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces staff are located at the current military installations:
Camp Foster, Okinawa
Kadena Air Base, Okinawa
Camp Zama, Japan
All of our personnel have been accounted for. As is the normal practice for a disaster, our station managers are currently in the military Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs) for their respective installations and assisting as needed.
In Yokota, our SAF staff are assisting with evacuating non-essential personnel and some passengers who were diverted to Yokota.
According to Mary Basilere, Red Cross Senior Station Manager at Yokota Air Base, Japan:
- There are 175 RC volunteers assisting with shelter operations
- Flights being diverted to Yokota Air Base from Narita, Japan
- Expecting several Delta flights
- Will be assisting with passengers
- Two flights have landed and they currently have 600 in the shelter.
This operation comes three weeks after a large disaster exercise that included volunteers and staff from four other Red Cross stations across Japan.